Thursday, June 20, 2013

Introduction to the course: LIS 755_Electronic Resource Management and licensing

This is the blog for a graduate class LIS 755: Electronic Resource Management and Licensing, at the School of Library and Information Studies (SLIS), University of Wisconsin-Madison.

I am Mei Zhang, instructor of this class. I am also a fourth-year doctoral student in SLIS, and my research interests include e-journal/e-book perpetual access, libraries' acquisition process of e-book packages, and privacy issues when library patrons use electronic resources. This is my first time  to teach a class in person. In the summer and fall semesters in 2012, I taught a 4-week online class E-book for Libraries for the Continuing Education in SLIS.

By creating this blog for our class, I'm hoping the students could share their experience, questions, and/or comments about the topics covered by the reading materials and in-class discussions/activities. Besides, I choose to ask students to post in a public blog site rather than in the course site of learn@UW is because all the postings will survive after the class ends. Hence, students will be able to access to their inputs and share their experience even after they graduate from SLIS (maybe some of them will work as an ERM librarian, who knows!)

Enjoy and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment